At McGarrigle Architects, we pride ourselves delivering projects to the highest standard, therefore we are continually looking for experienced Technologists and Architects to contribute to our continuing success.
WE HAVE A STAFF VACANCY ......
A position for a Chartered Architect offering huge opportunity for personal and professional growth, including potential for future Directorship; within a creative, commercially aware Chartered Practice in Douglas, Isle of Man.
Our Architectural Practice
McGarrigle Architects is a small, highly successful RIBA Chartered Architectural Practice with a breadth of experience delivering imaginative, bespoke residential and commercial projects. Our core business involves a wide range of affordable housing, older persons housing projects, and commercial projects in all areas of the Isle of Man.
With plans to continue to develop and grow the business, the Directors are looking to make a strategic appointment for the right candidate, with the potential of a future Directorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- To assist in the general day to day project and financial management of the business, with responsibilities increasing over time;
- To assist in the development of the Practice towards a design-focus with new software and technology-driven project information and presentation techniques including Autodesk Revit, Sketch-up and Photoshop;
- To assist in the development of the Practice towards a BIM Level 2 working environment;
- Confidently manage residential and commercial projects through all RIBA and Isle of Man Government stages;
- Present a capable and professional front to clients and other consultants; and
- Conduct regular design team meetings, site progress meetings, site visits, coordinate and liaise with contractors and consultants, and writing up reports.
Required Skills & Experience
- Chartered RIBA Architect, with valid ARB registration;
- A minimum of 12 years post Part III experience;
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex projects, design teams and contractors, with a good working knowledge of procurement under JCT and NEC suites of contracts;
- Demonstrable experience in good design presentation, construction detailing, NBS specification writing and co-ordinating project information;
- Strong personal communication skills and experience dealing with clients;
- Highly proficient in Autodesk Software particularly AutoCAD and Revit,
- Experience of working in a BIM environment.
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary in accordance with their skills and experience, alongside the longer-term opportunity to become Director of an established successful Practice. Relocation expenses if required will be agreed as part of the package.